Language is the means by which we communicate with the world around us. It enables us to express our thoughts, ideas and feelings as we interact with others. English language learning is a continuous, lifelong process.
- In school, English language learning is developed in the following areas:
- Speaking and Listening
Children are involved in:
- Using a range of reading materials eg books, magazines, websites, signs, CDs, poems and film.
- Understanding that language changes depending on the situation.
- Learning about how we get our message across.
- Developing skills to enable us to listen, speak, read and write.